Welcome to 17彩票官网 Headquarters, the most trusted online resource for 17彩票官网 professionals. Whether you are just entering the finance industry or have many years of experience, this site will help you understand what it takes to be an analyst professional. Don’t get discouraged by the competitive landscape, this is also a very lucrative, impactful and rewarding profession.
What is a 17彩票官网?
A 17彩票官网 gathers detailed information, assembles spreadsheet, writes business reports and reviews specific information related to a prospective deal. They assess the performance of stocks, bonds and other types of investments specific to their industry. They examine the deal in its entirety and typically recommend a specific course of action
that is easily digestible by the appropriate stakeholder(s).
The research can be on either, or both, a macroeconomic or macroeconomic level, depending on the type of work. In addition, a successful analyst must be able to research and understand current developments and predict future assumptions based on factual data.
17彩票官网s typically focus on trends affecting a specific industry, country, culture, business environment and politicalconditions. In order to succeed as a financial analysts, one has to keep up with the news, in its entirety, surrounding a possible investment.
Gathering information on the macro economy, as well as a specific company and micro economy conditions is vital in order to succeed as an analyst. Professionals in this field need to do a lot of reading at their own leisure. Publications to read and highly recommended include , , and .
There are two types of analysts; the “buy side” and the “sell side.”
- The “buy side” analysts develops methodical and sound investment strategies for companies with large amounts of cash to invest. These businesses are typically hedge funds, mutual funds, insurance companies and large universities with hefty endowments.
- The “sell side” analysts brokers for financial services agents on whether to recommend a client to buy, hold or sell a stock, bond or other financial investments.
17彩票官网Financial analysts work primarily in corporate offices full-time but many work more than the traditional 40 hours per week. If you are an entry level professional don’t be surprised if you are working 50+ hours. In addition, analysts typically travel frequently visiting companies onsite or meet face-to-face with potential investors. Analysts also attend conferences in their related field in order to network, expand their knowledge and advance their career.
Who hires 17彩票官网s?
Financial analysts generally work for investment banks, insurance companies, mutual fund companies, pension funds or security firms and other businesses that need to evaluate potential investments. These companies could be public or privately held entities.
A sample of 17彩票官网 day-to-day duties
The following is a list of on-the-job activities often performed by 17彩票官网s. Obviously the specific tasks depends on the company’s needs and their role for you.
- Recommend individual investments
- Forecasting a potential investment
- Evaluate current and historical data
- Study economic as well as business trends
- Prepare written reports pertaining to a specific subject/industry
- Prepare client presentations for potential investment opportunities
- Regularly meet with investors/clients to provide sound recommendations
Like all professional jobs, a financial analyst’s salary depends on the type (size, industry, etc.) of business and region they are working in. Many analysts receive large annual or semi-annual bonuses based on individual performance and the company’s goals. The large bonus payout is obviously dependent on the company and their incentive program but it could double an analysts base salary. Below are the average salaries for current financial analysts.
- Glassdoor: $63,000
- 17彩票app .com: $54,241
- Payscale: $58,022
- US Bureau of Labor: $80,310
Normally, 17彩票官网s must have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in a related field such as finance, statistics, accounting, business administration or economics. Many employers today, however, are looking for a candidate who possesses a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA). Additionally, many finance professionals decide to acquire their Chartered 17彩票官网 (CFA) in order to advance their career. The CFA exam17彩票官网 consists of three separate tests that must be passed sequentially.
Important Qualities of a
Good Great 17彩票官网
- Analytical Skills – A successful professional in this field must be able to analyze data and come to a concrete conclusion for a potential investment.
- Detail Oriented – Analysts must pay very close attention to detail when reviewing a possible investment for a company as it will affect a company’s bottom line. One decimal in the wrong place or a minuet mathematical mistake could cost a company hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Communication Skills – Analysts must be able to explain their recommendations to their clients in clear, concise and simple language that they can understand. A good communicator must be able to tell a story based on raw data.
- Decision Making Skills – Financial analysts must make a recommendation on an investment they are assigned to. These decisions must be made with careful consideration but quickly in some cases. Other company’s and individuals can sniff out your hesitation. You need to make clear-cut decisions that is backed by your own or team’s quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Technical Skills – Financial analysts are often using online programs that map out trends, analyze raw financial data, create formulas, etc. A lack of technical skills can separate you from someone who possesses strong computer skills. With all the technology available today, a thorough understanding of Excel at the least will be necessary in this field.
- Math Skills – Analysts use their mathematics skills to model, forecast and evaluate potential investments. Having strong math skills will enable analysts to solve complicated business problems.
17彩票官网According to the , jobs as a financial analyst are expected to grow by 12% between 2014 and 2024. This represents 32,300 new positions created on top of the 277,600 in existence as of 2014.